IGas complies with all of its environmental permits in respect to emissions.
Our approach to managing our GHG emissions involves:
- The efficient operation of our existing equipment and infrastructure, including minimising flaring and venting; and
- The installation of best available technology into all new projects to minimise their carbon intensity.
Streamlined energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) Disclosure
The Companies (Directors’ Report) and Limited Liability Partnerships (Energy and Carbon Report) Regulations 2018 implement the government’s policy on SECR, requiring disclosure of the environmental performance of the Group’s assets through calculating the Group’s GHG emissions. Our disclosure presents our carbon footprint across Scope 1 and 2 together with an appropriate intensity metric and total energy use.
This information has been prepared in accordance with the GHG Protocol’s Guidance. Data collected relates to the most recent 12 month period where data was available. Comparative information has not been disclosed as 2020 is the Group’s first year of mandatory reporting.
The GHG sources that constitute our operational boundary for the reporting period are:
- Scope 1: Direct emissions from company-owned and controlled resources.
- Scope 2: Indirect emissions from purchased energy.
Total GHG emissions and energy use associated with all IGas 2020 activities:
- Scope 1 emissions: 45.55k t CO₂eq
- Scope 2 emissions: 0.18k t CO₂e
- Emissions intensity ratio: 47kg CO₂e/boe
- Energy consumption 10,572 MWh